Keywords: Sunrise. Photograph
Location: about 27 kilometers from Xinjie town (the old town) of Yuanyang County
Rice Terraces Area: 400 hectare
About Duoyishu Rice Terraces:
Duoyishu Rice Terraces Scenic Area consists of Duoyishu Rice Terraces, Huangcaoling Rice Terraces, Aichun Rice Terraces and Pugaolao Village, etc. At the altitude of 1900 meters, it is marked by spectacular terraces that cascade down the slopes of towering Aliao Mountain to the banks of the Hong River. The scenic area is the best place to appreciate and shoot the sunrise, cloud sea and the village.
Most time of the year, the rice terraces here are lost in the cloud and mist. The sea of cloud appears hither and thither, suddenly over the high mountain and suddenly disappears without a trace. In the process of waiting, you will marvel at the extremely wonderful scenery and human beings' great creation, and you will be thrilled at the hardworking of generations of Hani people.
Wonderful Sunrise and Fantastic Cloud Sea in Duoyishu Rice Terraces
Best Time to Visit:
As we know, Laohuzui Rice Terraces is the best place to appreciate sunset. While Duoyishu Rice Terrace is the best place to appreciate and shoot the sunrise. During the sunrise, the scenery with changeable color reflected in the water, spectacular terraces and villages appearing indistinctly is so fantastic that it seems as if you are in a fairyland.
The best season to visit Honghe Hani Rice Terraces is from November to next April because the terraces are in irrigation period at that time. After the autumn harvest, the rice paddies will be filled with water. During this period, the morning glow and sunset glow reflect on the water and the rice terraces turn into golden. However, different season have different charm in Duoyishu Rice Terraces. In the spring time, the cattle and the local Hani people is working in the rice fields, and the whole rice terraces turn into green. In the summer time, the sea of clouds over the rice terraces is changeable, which adds more glamour.
Distances from Other Scenic Areas in Yuanyang County:
• Laohuzui Rice Terraces: about 7.2 kilometers
• Bada Scenic Spot: about 2.7 kilometers
• Qingkou Folk Village: about 5 kilometers
• The day ticket is CNY 100 (including Duoyishu, Bada, Laohuzui Scenic Areas and Jingkou Folk village).
• The through ticket is CNY 180 ( you can visit the above four scenic areas in ten days of validity).
• The annual ticket is CNY 360 ( you can visit the above four scenic areas in one year of validity).
There are many hostels in Duoyishi Scenic Area and some are very close to the higher viewing decks with several minutes’ walking and some are close to the lower viewing deck in Pugao Old Village. For travelers who want to photograph, it is better to stay around the higher viewing decks. In Xinjie Old Town, there is only one 3-star hotel called Yuanyang Yunti Hotel.
Opening Hours: 6：00~17：00
• You can take the regular bus from Kunming to Yuanyang in Kunming South Passenger Station at 10:20/12:30/19:00 every day, CNY 139 per, lasting 5 to 6 hours.
• You can take the regular bus from Kunming to Nansha county then take the mini bus to Xinjie town(CNY 10 per, departing from 7:00~20:00). From Xinjie town to the entrance of the Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces or from the entrance to each scenic spot, you can rent a car to go, CNY 5~10 yuan per.
• It cost about CNY 300 a day to visit around Yuanyang Rice Terraces, and about CNY 150~200 to visit Duoyishu Rice Terraces for half a day.
Hani Ethnic Festivals & Traditions:
Hani people would celebrate some traditional festivals, like Hani New Year, Kuzhazha Festival, etc.
Hani New Year is like the Spring Festival of Han. It takes place in the first Dragon Day of the 10th lunar month each year and lasts 5 to 6 days and even as long as 13 days. Every family would prepare chicken, pork to worship their ancestors and family members gather together to enjoy the union. In the last day of the New Year, a Long Table Banquet will be arranged and tables will be laid in the street which can extend to one kilometer long. Each family will serve the most sumptuous dishes to fill up a table and enjoy the banquet together.
Kuzhazha Festival takes place from lunar June 23 to 26 and every family makes sticky rice, sets the feast, makes fresh rice and worships the ancestor.
Others travel tips:
• The visitors usually set off to Duoyishu Scenic Area in early morning. If you would like to find a good place to shoot the sunrise, you had better get up earlier.
• The weather forecast of Yuanyang on the Internet may be not exact because the weather of the rice terraces area is always changeable and unpredictable.
• The temperature here varies greatly between day and night. Please pay attention to keep warm especially in early morning or at night.
You will only receive emails that you permitted upon submission and your email address will never be shared with any third parties without your express permission.