Articles forbidden to be taken into China:
1. Weapons, simulation weapons, ammunition and explosives.
2. Forged currency or securities.
3. Presswork, films, photos, movies, audiotapes, videotapes, CDs, DVDs, computer storage devices and other things that could do harm to China’s politics, economy, culture and morality.
4. Poison and addictive drugs.
5. Food, drugs or other things that could do harm to humans and animals, and are infectious or from epidemic areas.
6. Animal and animal products:
a. All living animals (excluding dogs and cats) and their sperm, zygotes, embryos and other genetic things.
b. Uncooked or cooked meat (including internal organs); marine animal products;
c. Milk of animal and its products, including raw milk, fresh milk, yoghurt, cream, butter, cheese and other dairy products which are not heat-treated as well as whey powder, silkworm chrysalis, silkworm eggs, animal blood and its products, products of aquatic animals and so on.
d. Eggs and its products, including fresh eggs, preserved eggs, salted eggs, egg liquid, egg shells, mayonnaise and other egg products which are not heat-treated.
e. Fur, mane, bones, horns, oil and fat, fleshes (viscera included) and the corresponding products
f. Edible bird’s nests (excluding canned bird's nests).
g. Transgenic biomaterials.
7. Plants and plant products:
a. Fresh fruit and vegetables.
b. Tobacco leaves (excluding cut tobacco).
c. Seeds, sprouts, nursery stock and other fertilizable plants.
d. Organic cultivation medium.
8. Other quarantine types:
a. Animal bodies, samples or specimens, and offal from animals.
b. Transgenic biomaterial.
c. Pathogens of animals and plants, injurious insects and other injurious organisms.
d. Human blood and corresponding products.
e. Other animals and plants and their products banned by the country.
If you unintentionally take these articles mentioned above, please hand over to inspection & quarantine officials or directly throw into the disposal box arranged by the authority.
Articles to be the declared when bringing into China:
1. Seeds, plants and other propagating materials, tobaccos, grains & cereals, beans (Inspection approval should be prepared in advance).
2. Fresh, cut and dried flowers.
3. Vegetative samples, exhibits and specimens.
4. Dried fruits, dried & pickled vegetables and frozen vegetables.
5. Products made from bamboos, canes, wickers, grass and wood.
6. Pet: dog or cat.
7. Licensed imported human blood and its products, microorganisms, human tissue and other biological products.
Note: Each person is allowed to take one pet into China, a dog or a cat. Upon arriving, he/she needs to present a valid vaccination certificate against hydrophobia and animal quarantine certificate issued by official quarantine bureau/department of the departing place. After entry, the pet would be placed in isolation for 30 days (after 7 days’ quarantine in the appointed site by the authority, it needs to be in isolation for another 23 days at the owner’s living place.)
Articles not allowed to be taken out of China when exiting:
1. All the items that are prohibited from entering China
2. manuscripts, presswork, films, photographs, movies, audiotapes, videotapes, CDs, DVDs, computer storage devices and other things that involve state secrets.
3. Valuable cultural relics and other relics that are prohibited from exiting.
4. Endangered and precious animals and plants (and their samples), as well as their seeds and the materials for reproduction.
You will only receive emails that you permitted upon submission and your email address will never be shared with any third parties without your express permission.