1. Please respect the cultural customs and religions of local people.
2. Please do not catch the ducks in the lake or collect animals or plants.
3. Lugu Lake has low temperatures even in summer, avoid staying in the lake for too long. The bank of the lake has a complex landscape. It is not recommended to swim in the lake in case of accidents.
4. In case you need medical care, Lugu Lake has medical service centers. The nearest clinics are in Yongning, 17-18 kilometers away from Lige Island. If you need help you can reach out to the owners of the lodges.
5. The security at Lugu Lake area is very good and it is quite safe to travel here. If you meet any problems you can call the local police for help via 0888-5881110.
6. There is no ATM in Lige village. ATMs can only be found in Daluoshui village and Lugu Lake county. It is advisable that you take enough cash for an emergency.
7. Tickets for Lugu Lake cost 80 yuan per person.
8. We recommend that visitors stay at the Lugu Lake for at least two nights. Whether you come in from Sichuan or from Yunnan, it will take you about half a day. If you stay only one night it means you will be short of time to really enjoy yourself at the scenic area. The scenery of the lake is sure to be worth your time.
Tips while travel in Lugu Lake
Two locals chat with each other on Lugu Lake. [Photo from ljluguhu.com.cn]
Best time to visit Lugu Lake
Lugu Lake has abundant sunshine and the lake does not freeze . Visitors can appreciate different scenery in different seasons, but the the best season is from March to October. Apart from July, August and September, there is little rain in Lugu Lake and when it does rain, it does not last long.
Rainy season: The rainy season lasts from July to September will be the rainy season. If you plan to travel during this time, you need to pay special attention to safety since there will often be landslides or mudslides, making driving difficult.
Flowering season: Lugu Lake has flowers all the year round, and is like a natural garden. The main flower seasons are as following:
Azalea: from May to July
Sunflowers: from August to September
Cosmos: from October to November
You will only receive emails that you permitted upon submission and your email address will never be shared with any third parties without your express permission.