Safety is especially important when traveling, so that nothing unforeseen will dampen your spirits. Besides traffic safety, other aspects as follows need your special attention.
A comfortable hotel guarantees a good rest.
A comfortable hotel guarantees a good rest. 1. Pick your hotel with care; avoid lodging alone in a roadhouse in a dirty, noisy, or dangerous environment. Try to choose a more quiet and comfortable hotel to guarantee good rest. Remember to avoid going out alone, and plan to return as early as possible.
2. Tell your family, relatives or friends the hotel name, address, telephone number, check-in time; if you join a group tour, take down the telephone numbers of your teammates' rooms.
3. Determine in advance where the Emergency Exits are.
4. Be sure there are no problems with the room windows, doors, or door locks; Lock the door securely before you go to sleep.
5. When using the bathroom, watch out the wet floor.
6. Confirm the identity of those who visit your room and do not let strangers in indiscreetly; for any questions, you can call the hotel's reception.
7. Valuables should not be left in the room when you go out; it is recommended that you deposit them in the checkroom or take them along with you.
8. If you are a member of a tour group, inform your guide when you leave the hotel. Get a hotel card at the reception desk, with the hotel name, address and telephone printed in both Chinese and English. This will help you on your return to the hotel.
9. Try to stand close to the safety alarm buttons on the hotel lift in case of emergency.
10. Read carefully the hotel handbook of safety instructions and pay special attention to information on use of electric appliances.
Choose a good restaurant to have a healthy diet
Choose a good restaurant
to have a healthy diet 1. Guarantee a reasonable diet and make sure the food is healthy. Bring some snack food that is easy to carry, nutritious, fresh, hygienic and lite. Eating more fruits helps to replenish energy and dispel fatigue.
2. Avoid overeating during your visit, especially seafood dishes. Eating or drinking too much is bad for your health.
3. Do not drink unboiled water. Bottled water is available to purchase in China. Do not buy the unbranded and dateless food produced by an unknown factory.
4. When eating in a restaurant, take care of your bags and valuables; give way to the restaurant staff to avoid potential scalding by hot food or soup.
5. Do not accept food, drink or cigarettes from strangers.
6. If you are fond of liquor, keep consumption moderate during your visit.
7. Carry medicine for diarrhea. Do not take medicine from strangers.
1. Choose the best season for a visit based on weather at your destination.
2. Choose appropriate places to visit according to your special interests.
3. Avoid stress in your visit; the itinerary should be as loose as possible.
4. If you are in a tour group, please remember clearly the contact instructions for your guide and driver, and the license plate number of your tourist bus so that you can easily find your group if you lose your way.
5. If you have a group tour, please confirm in advance the assembling time and the visiting itinerary before entering the scenic area.
6. If you want to take photographs or videos, do make sure first that photos are allowed at this scenic spot. Some special attractions (like some cultural relics or museums) prohibit photography.
7. The tour group is not an expedition, so please do not set foot in dangerous areas lacking security control.
8. If you have a cruise trip or take a cable car, pay special attention to safety.
9. If there is a free day in your routing, please be especially careful for your safety and watch your children well. Contact your guide whenever you encounter a problem.
10. Pay attention to local customs and observe the local social mores.
1. Obey the local laws when joining recreational activities.
2. Do not indiscreetly be close to strangers so as not to be cheated.
3. When you are in a crowded place for amusement, be especially careful about your wallet, bags or valuables; do not go to chaotic recreational areas.
1. Wear gym shoes or comfortable walking shoes, which will be good for your feet and ease your visit.
2. Bring appropriate clothes which are suitable based on the outing and the weather.
3. Bring with you any over-the-counter medicines you might need, such as pain-killers, cold medicines, or anti-diarrhea medicine, and a small first-aid kit. It may be difficult to purchase these items at your destination due to language barrier.
1. If you decide to travel in the 'golden week' when there will be many visitors, please stay calm and patient, and be understanding of delays.
2. In a group tour, cooperate with your guide and finish the visit smoothly.
3. Keep your family advised of your itinerary. Know in advance the contact information for the embassy or consulate of your country stationed in China.
4. Whenever you meet something unexpected that may to harm you, do not hesitate to ask for help from police, hospital or other authorized organizations. For more information, please refer to our Emergencies.
You will only receive emails that you permitted upon submission and your email address will never be shared with any third parties without your express permission.