Yunnan Travel Tips
Search for a Tour
  • Kunming
  • Dali
  • Lijiang
  • Shangrila
  • Yuanyang
  • Jinghong
  • Beijing
  • Xian
  • Shanghai
  • Guilin
  • Chengdu
  • Guangzhou
Start City
Search for a Tour
Wechat: Adventure-China
Have a question? Ask us here
Yunnan Tour Feedbacks
China Visa
China Visa

Based on current visa regulations everyone with an ordinary passport needs a visa for a visit to China except nationals of Brunei, Japan and Singapore who are allowed to visit for 15 days without a visa.

Ordinary China visas are divided into the following categories:

Tourist Visa (L-visa) is issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China for tourist purpose, family visit or other personal affairs.

Business Visa (F-visa ) is issued to a foreign citizen who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, exchanges in the fields of science, technology, education, culture and sports, or attending various kinds of trade fairs or exhibitions, or short-term study, intern practice for a period of less than six months.

Transit Visa (G-visa) is issued to a foreign citizen who is to transit through China on his or her way to a third country (or region) and is valid a 7 day stay.

Also available are: Student Visa (X-Visa), Work Visa (Z-visa), Crew Visa(C-visa), Journalist Visa (J-visa), Permanent Residence Visa(D-visa)

Number of Entries: Generally issued for a single, double or multiple entry visit. 

Validity of Visa: A single entry Chinese visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue and a double entry visa is valid for 6 months. A China visa holder must enter China before the expiration date for the visa to remain valid.

Duration of Stay: The duration of stay is specified on a Chinese visa. Chinese visa holders must not stay beyond the specified date without extending their visas.

Special Notes:

Travellers wishing to visit Hong Kong and Macau should check at the Chinese Embassy website in their home counties to see if they also need a visa to visit these Special Administrative Regions (SAR).

Travellers wishing to travel to Tibet while on a visit to China need to first apply for a China visa UNLESS entering from Nepal where they need to apply directly at the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu.

If you plan to visit Tibet you need to get a China visa first but you should NOT mention any Tibetan cities on your application. Once you receive the China visa you can then apply for a Tibet Permit by sending a copy of your visa and passport details to a registered Chinese travel agency to apply on your behalf. 

Top Yunnan Tours
Yunnan Attractions | Yunnan Festivals | Yunnan Hotels | Yunnan Pictures | Travel News | Yunnan Birding Tours | Yunnan Flowers Tours | Yunnan Golf | Maps of Yunnan | Why Yunnan | Feedback | FAQ | West China Tours


You will only receive emails that you permitted upon submission and your email address will never be shared with any third parties without your express permission.

CONTACT US          ↑TOP
Emergency Call:0086-13529022630
Skype: Adventure-China
Lifang Building-B, Xianggeli Avenue, Gucheng District, Lijiang, Yunnan, China 674100
Copyright © 2015-2018 All Rights Reserved.
Follow us on: